Saturday 12 January 2013

Health and Diet update: Advantage Stationary Bike

So, like I mentioned in my last post, I got an exercise bike so I could burn some extra calories on the days I couldn't get physical either outside or with my DVDs. I've absolutely loved it so far, I find I cannot work out without variety of activities because I get really bored of repetition.

I've got work out DVDs that I do on 'Fat Friday' because I'm usually in a great mood and I want to do something fun. My daughter loves dancing with me, so it works well. I can't do it more than once a week because my husband goes to Friday prayer and I never, ever, ever want him to see me work out to my DVDs.

Most days my husband, Eliana, and I go out for a walk. We are crazy about walking, my family has never owned a car so growing up it was our 'to do' thing out of necessity. I like it, but since it's winter and we're in Canada- it's not always possible, especially with a stroller.

The bike is beautiful, compact, and could fit in any small space. I've got it in the smallest bedroom of our house. I love the colour. It works as well as anything I've ever used at the gym. The thing I love the most about it is that it only cost me 98$ + free shipping from Walmart. I saved about 50$ on it because of a boxing day sale, the bike cost me a fraction of what a gym membership here would.

The bike includes a screen, a touch-pulse reader, it shows your time, speed, distance, pulse, and calories. It's so easy to use, it doesn't include a cord (do they ever? I don't know) but you need 2 AA batteries for the display. You can adjust tension. I'm amazed that such a small bike could be so sturdy.

In order to work off the amount of calories I need to lose fat I have to bike for 30 minutes/ 5 days a week. I do 30-45 minutes 5 days a week, and this week has gone very well. It's so much fun, in fact, that I rode for 6/7 days this past week. I work up a sweat without breaking my back, which is nice. I also like the alone time I get while I do it, sometimes a Mom needs that and my mood has changed drastically. I obviously got more than I bargained for with this bike!

To go along with the bike I've tweaked my diet. I allow myself wheat/grains 3 days a week tops- only one meal of those three days (as opposed to bread based breakfast, lunch, and dinners) and potatoes 2 days a week. I eat more sweet potato when I have it on hand and I'm eating more protein. I didn't realize how much my body agrees with beef (which I've omitted for some time now because of my dad and husband)- I've felt amazing.

$98.00 CDN at Walmart.ca + Free Shipping

No comments:

Post a Comment