Tuesday 9 July 2013

Ramadan mubarak!

Ramadan mubarak to everyone! I can't believe how quickly it's arrived!
This Ramadan I'd like to make it less about food and more about betterment of self. I would like to become more tolerant, hold my temper, and enjoy simple things without too much exposure to the tv... internet.
I'd like to learn 2 surrahs, read quran every day with my family, and explore ramadan festivities in an islamic country (which from what I see is over the top! Im really excited for what we will have in store, locally).
Yeah... we ate it all.
I would also like to decorate the house like I did before my daughter was born. I think I will invite all the kids here to do some crafts, like lanterns. Lol, the poor things want to spend time with Elly and I but sleep too early and I keep missing them. I would love to pass time with the kids instead of them passing the time with busy maids...
What I plan not to do is watch all of the smutty, crazy arabic shows that only come out during Ramadan here. It's really curious that scandalous tv dramas only seem to pop up during a holy month!
My husband also plans to take us to Jeddah next week, inshallah.  I keep seeing tons of ramadan/summer related fun going on there and it's calling us! I know  something like that will lift my spirits and is just what I need.
Finding alone time with my husband is really hard with a baby daughter, 8 siblings and their kids around all of the time, now with longer prayers, time for quran, and more people here for summer and Ramadan- this is going to be a hard month, I can already tell. Im glad we'll be travelling a bit. I'm a clingy wife lol!
Even though I want to make the month less about food on a personal level, I do plan to post some pictures of iftar and sohoor with recipes.  I love seeing what other people are having, I'm already inspired to be more healthy this time!

1 comment:

  1. Mabrook 3laich el shahar. I hope you and your family are enjoying your Ramadan, may it be a blessed one enshallah.

    ReplyDelete