Monday 26 November 2012

Diet Week 2

Okay, this whole Sunday thing has gone down the toilet! Either way, little bro's house doesn't have internet and despite my 2 hour stay at Starbucks to use their internet (I KNOW I'm not the only one who does that!) I had a baby asleep on one of my arms and it seriously stunted my typing flow.

My vacation went well, I went off track just barely- had pizza the night we got there after I cleaned his house, had a milkshake for dessert on Saturday, and pumpkin pie on Sunday. I over ate a little, I walked a lot- I still don't think it equaled out so I need to be a bit more strict with this.

I had some great food, I have a new appreciation for sandwiches. They are SO portable, easy to eat with a baby, filling, and best of all you can make them packed full of nutrients and still very healthy.

Overall I had a great time, I didn't do too badly. I really missed my brother and it was nice to catch up.

No recipe, I cooked the usual for my brother. I have a tip though...

Tip:
Use cream cheese instead of mayo, dressing, or butter on your sandwich. Surprisingly enough I did not miss anything about my sandwich because the creamy cheese pulled everything all together very easily. Typically I use one triangle of cow cheese on my sandwich and it covers the whole thing without going overboard on my cheese portion, cheese slices off the brick are an invitation for me to get crazaaay sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. I find herb cream cheese with cucumber, tomato and lettuce (yes the dreaded lettuce :p) on multigrain is a nice quick and light sammich, tastes pretty good too <3

    ReplyDelete